Maintenance and Safety Guidelines for using Poolsaic™ products
You want your pool mat to last a long time and prevent any possible hazards so keep these tips in mind.
- Remove your Poolsaic™ from the pool when the pool is closed or covered, even for a short time.
- Let it dry thoroughly before storing for the winter.
- Store flat in a cool dry area. (For long-term storage, you can roll with the printed side facing out and store it in a cool dry place. For best results, wrap the mat in the piece of protective foam that your mat came with.
- Remove during heavy shock treatments or when chlorination levels exceed 10 PPM or more.
- Maintain proper pool water chemistry in accordance with The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) guidelines.
- Remove your Poolsaic™ when using a manual vacuum that can move or shift the placement of the mat. Pool mats are compatible with most automatic vacuum systems.
- Clean your Poolsaic™ (especially the underside) periodically to prevent algae or other buildup. Poolsaic™ mats do not guarantee anti-microbial protection.
- Do not use abrasives or chemicals to clean Poolsaics™. Mild soap and a soft cloth work just fine.
- Do not use Poolsaics™ in pools that utilize in-floor, pop-up jets cleaning systems. The water propelled by the jets will not allow your mat to stay in place.
- Do not allow your Poolsaic™ to cover drains or other functioning maintenance equipment.
- Do not place your Poolsaic™ in a hot tub, whirlpool, or bathtub or use in a pool that is less than 3’ deep.
- Do not adhere Poolsaics™ to the pool floor or walls.
- Do not place your Poolsaic™ on a slope or incline as it will eventually drift to a flat area.
- Do not use Poolsaic™ products as a floatation device. This also applies to floating graphics. Poolsaic™ products are intended for decorative USE only.
- Do not leave your Poolsaic™ unattended outside of the pool. Poolsaics™ are slippery when wet and pose a risk if left on the ground outside of the pool.
- Do not allow children or pets to play with Poolsaics™. Installation should be performed by a capable adult.
- Do not swim underneath your mat. Poolsaics™ are very heavy and should not be disturbed when in use.
- Do not use heavy chemical treatments or industrial cleaning solutions on your Poolsaic™. A mild soap and water solution may be used to clean your mat.
- Poolmats are not intended for long term use in indoor pools. The typical lifespan for indoor or enclosed pools is 1-2 weeks max.
- Do not leave your Poolsaic™ in the pool when it is covered or enclosed, even for a short time. Enclosed chemicals will have an accelerated fading effect, especially on predominantly yellow graphics.